Position: Full-Time Program Development Manager
Application deadline: May 12, 2022
Job Description :
Are you interested in impacting the lives of people with intellectual/developmental disabilities? Do you enjoy helping others reach their full potential? If you answered YES to any of these questions, consider joining the DEEN Support Services team! As a Program Development Manager, you will collaborate with other dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping those in need.
Working closely with the CEO and Director of Programs and Facilities, this position is responsible for the development, coordination and implementation of our recovery/programming strategy, designed to address the hardships people face. with intellectual disabilities (IDD) with complex needs. This position is responsible for creating a suite of new programming/learning tools and implementing their delivery by conducting programming activities/workshops with IID. The incumbent will mentor/coach staff to develop staff support/programming tools to overcome IID learning deficits and develop our program offerings. The incumbent will develop video program/staff coaching tools/learning tools and organize workshops/program activities for IID participants, with the aim of increasing IID onsite participation . Support the development of new resources/activities/curriculum packages. As an adaptable and flexible professional, the successful incumbent must be a team player with excellent communication skills to support IID, caregivers and families.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with program staff to develop our recovery/programming strategy, develop staff coaching plan/resources;
- Create a suite of practical new IID programming/learning tools and implement their delivery;
- Develop and conduct programming activities/workshops with the IID;
- Work collaboratively with other instructors in the program in developing lesson plans; adapt/modify training materials to meet the needs of individual participants;
- Responsible for developing program schedules that best meet client needs;
- Liaise with our marketing team, develop new program resources/learning kits/new staff coaching/support videos;
- Monitor/support IID as they re-enter on-site programming and adapt programming/learning plans;
- Mentor/coach staff to monitor IID progress/learning with the aim of increasing participant capacity;
- Promote a clean and improved environment for IIDs that promotes their emotional and physical well-being;
- Attend and actively participate in supervisory and team meetings.
- Monitor and update project performance measurement tools;
- Communicate with individuals and families as needed;
- Perform administrative tasks to facilitate accurate record keeping;
- Facilitate other assigned tasks.
- Combination of education and work experience in a community-serving social services environment:
- Bachelor of Arts/Psychology, Developmental Services Worker/Social Services Worker, or equivalent relevant experience;
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in the field of social services;
- Extensive experience in providing individualized supports to people with disabilities with a focus on promoting people’s independence;
- Knowledge of disability issues, knowledge and understanding of philosophy of independent living, community living and disability rights;
- Demonstrated positive experience in a collaborative team environment;
- Demonstrated ability to build a supportive and cohesive team;
- Creative and responsive communication and problem-solving skills;
- Sensitivity and respect for diversity in all areas, including age, culture and language;
- Verbal and written communication skills in English required;
- A second language in Arabic, Urdu, Somali, Punjabi, Gujarati or French preferably;
- Experience working or volunteering in a non-profit community setting;
- Demonstrated analytical, verbal and written communication skills; proven organizational, interpersonal, facilitation and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team; ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, other online systems, evaluation and data analysis;
- Demonstrate good judgment and strong decision-making skills;
- Current certification in standard first aid and CPR;
- Previous experience working or volunteering with people with intellectual disabilities preferred;
- Group facilitation experience (in-person and virtual)
- Performs other assigned duties in accordance with organizational objectives.
No phone calls please.
Qualified candidates will be contacted.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.